Thank you, blog-girlfriend. I like being useful and appreciated.
I made my appt with my doctor last week since I knew I was feeling like crap and needed a shot or something. After spending the whole entire freaking weekend in bed with a sore throat, headache, ear ache, and cough, I show up to my 10:45 appt–blowing off the meeting with our designer and leaving Ben to it–and find out they don’t take my insurance any more.
I could have been at one of those awful docinabox places at 8 am had I known that! First thing I did was call my pretend girlfriend and say a lot of bad words on the phone. And yell. And almost cry.
Then I tried to go to the American Family Care place and it was FULL of really sick people. I know sick people go to the doctor but there were *sick* with oozing and eyes and horrible wet coughs…I decided I’d get sicker waiting for the doctor so I came home.
I found a new doctor to see tomorrow. By then this crap will probably be gone, but I won’t be happy until someone gives me a shot in the ass. Truly.
Today I was at Big Mountain with my friend and Girl Scout co-leader Ashley. I sat directly beneath a photo that was just what I’d been looking for: a Cahaba Lily close-up. Gorgeous. After a couple of hours of jabbering and making some troop decisions, Ashley and I go up to order lunch and I mention to Anderson’s Mom Behind the Counter that I want to buy that photo (it had a tag with the photog’s name and a price). The guy behind me says, “I took that photo” and it all went from there.
In the end, I bought a beautiful photo and Ashley and I talked to this photog guy (Leigh knows him, I think) until we were nearly late picking our babies up from preschool.
Now I need to get it framed. If you want to see Paul Sansom’s stuff–he seems to be an advanced hobbyist since he has another bill-paying job–I’ve put his link on my sidebar. Very pleased indeed. I love me the Cahaba Lily and can’t wait until May.
Now on to the Big 55 from Leigh’s blog (Ramblings etc from my sidebar).
1. Are you taller than your best friend? I don’t think I’m taller than anyone.
2. Do you have a favorite type of pen? I like the gel pens
3. Look at your planner for March 7th, what will you be doing? I don’t even know where my planner is!
4. What color are your toe nails usually? hot pink
5. What was the last thing you highlighted? the previous answer to this question! ha!
6. What color are the curtains in your bedroom? sort of a goldish color.
7. What color are the seats in your vehicle? grey
8. Have you ever had a black and white cat? yes, named Charlie. How original was I when I was 12?
9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on? a note to my grandma
10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming? my uncle
11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time? Because I didn’t want my husband to see where I was spending money LOL
12. Who is the last baby that you held? my niece
13. Can you spell well? I can spell in foreign languages even
14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste? no
15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago? When? two years ago I had a Honda Accord wagon.
16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators: um, Marshall Thundering Herd.
17. Last time you went to Six Flags? never in my entire life
18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house? yes but not for long!
19. Closest thing to you that is yellow? box of Bud’s Best Teddy Bears
20. Last person you gave a business card to? years ago….don’t remember
21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to? Paul Sansom! ha!
22. Closest framed picture to you? one of my inlaws with my parents they had secretly taken in 2006
23. Last time you had someone cook for you? LOL I guess today when Jess at BMCC made my Hot Cow.
25. How many emails do you get in your inbox daily (excluding spam)? 50 maybe
26. Last time you received flowers? January 29, when my mommy and daddy sent me flowers for my birthday
28. Do you play air guitar? oh, yes! Who doesn’t?
29. Has anyone ever proposed to you? Yes. I married him.
30. Do you take anything in your coffee? skim milk sometimes, sometimes cream, often sugar or splenda
31. Do you own any Willow Tree figurines? no
32. What is/was your high school’s mascot? first the Warriors, then the Volunteers
33. Last person you spoke to from high school? I speak with high school people all the time…maybe Melissa.
34. Last time you used hand sanitizer? hand sanitizer is of the devil. it does not make your hands clean. clean and germ-free are very different.
35. Would you like to learn to play the drums? my brother already plays so why bother
36. What color are the blinds in your living room? White
38. Last thing you read in the newspaper? Romney quits.
39. What was the last pageant you attended? maybe in a past life
40. Where is the last place you bought pizza from? Tortuga’s
41. Have you ever worn a crown? yes….K think I still have a tiara
42. What is the last thing you stapled? cannot recall….
43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi? yes, there was a time when I would only drink clear liquids…but I was a kid.
44. Are you ticklish? terribly.
45. Last time you saw fireworks? NYE when my neighbors were shooting them.
46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut? a few weeks ago
47. Last person that IMed you, and you actually responded? through AOL or something? I guess Alan…
48. Last time you parked under a carport? cannot recall
49. Do you have a black dog? not any more
51. Are you an aunt or uncle? I have a neice and a nephew
52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of? my husband and kids. Because they love me and in their eyes I am good. (Dusti had to leave Leigh’s answer)
53. Last time you saw a semi truck? today
54. What is the last song you belted out in the car? something from High School Musical that my girls have been singing lately
55. Do you have a little black dress? technically it’s not little since I am a size 24, people…but it’s black and sexy, so I guess…. 🙂
Okay, all you Super-Duper-Rooty-Tooty-Fresh-N-Fruity-Primary State people. Go vote today. You should, of course, vote for Ron Paul, but I can’t make you do that.
I’m all menstrual, and upset that my friend SJ posted the Sarah Silverman-Matt Damon NOT SAFE FOR WORK OR KIDS clip from YouTube before I got to. I won’t post it here. Go to Give Me The Booger or YouTube to find it. If you’re a Jimmy Kimmel watcher like myself you’ll get it. There’s never time for Matt Damon. Ha.
I have avoided the Hannah Montana movie thus far. My four year old is obsessed with Taylor Swift and her “Picture to Burn” song and that Linkin Park “Bleed It Out” song.
Last evening, my son had a piano performance at IPC on Highland Avenue. Beforehand we went to the Chick-Fil-A on Cahaba Valley Rd. My husband, apparently trying to get there before we had to leave for the church, got himself a ticket from one of Pelham’s finest (Officer T., who was actually really nice which has not been my experience with most of the local police). Why was he ticketed? That long stretch of shoulder on Cahaba Valley that looks like a lane taking you directly to Chick-Fil-A is not intended for driving in! Who knew. I’d seen several people getting stopped for such activity in recent months and so I knew, but…well, we had an extra $125 hanging around the checkbook anyway, you know?
My birthday turned into barfday by the time the kids got off the school bus.
Tuesday I woke up in a good mood. My hair looked good, my makeup looked good, and my pretend girlfriend Kelly took me to The Pita Stop (which is near UAB and I never go there except when she drives me since she knows the area and I can only get to Dreamland and the Eye Hospital). We had the mushrooms and Turkish coffee, and I had the kafta kabob which was so so so so yummy. And the date bread with the cream cheese.
The bad part started later that afternoon, when I heard my very naughty dog doing something in the kitchen. She had eaten the date nut bread Kelly got me to take home! That was my birthday cake! Then it rained and rained and rained.
We had school open house. Which is always fun except my son starts acting like an ass at some point and we all get pissy.
We finished at the school at seven o’clock. Mind you my children’s normal school bedtime is between 730 and 8. The kids and husband had decided we’d go to Tortuga’s to have a birthday dinner. At least it wasn’t Applebee’s.
I love Tortuga’s stuffed pizzas, esp. the veggie one. Yum. But it takes 45 minutes for them to cook the pie and the hubby didn’t call ahead.
While we’re waiting for the pizza to cook–and we’re the only ones in the restaurant–I call to check on my dad. He’d had his cardiologist follow up that afternoon and I wanted the DL on his condition.
Mom tells me Dad is back in the hospital with cardiac arrhythmia. Common problem, easily fixable. Does that reassure me? No. I am in Birmingham, my mom is in Montgomery, I cannot hug her. I had just gotten the idea that my dad was going to be okay in my head, and now I can’t get it back.
Rain was still coming down, sheets of water. I carried the leftover pie and the kids’ spaghetti to the car and spilled the spaghetti on the floor of the new car.
My husband is a big grudge holder. I’ve never seen anything like it. It all came out, but I think that on Saturday he is still thinking about it.
Maybe next year will be better.