I do these on MySpace all the time, but not usually on my blog. Still, since I disappointed Leigh by not showing up at the hip hop dance class (was I supposed to?) I owe it to her.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? There are rumors I was named after some woman in a commercial, but I think my parents were just exhausted and picked the dumbest name they could find. At this point, I am okay with my name, but a childhood with the name Dusti is not easy.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Last week, maybe, or this week. I don’t know…since my dad’s ordeal I am sort of an emotional timebomb.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Indifferent.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? I don’t like lunch meat.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 3 fabulously talented, creative, sweet, kind, loving, and absolutely naughty ones
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes. I’m awesome.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Unfortunately, and I don’t always sense when it’s inappropriate. Like the other night at my neighbor’s house, with the thirtyone gifts lady from Greystone…I think I came across as mean.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Not since I was six. And my parents regret it, too. My health has not been the same.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? If I were 100 lbs lighter
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cold cereal? I love Peanut Butter Capn Crunch. But I really prefer hot cereal year round, and am partial to Whole Foods 365 Organic Oats and Flax instant oatmeal, or the homemade Irish Oatmeal I make.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? sometimes
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? yes
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Posture.
15. RED OR PINK? Red
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF? temper and my weight
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? my papaw.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? brown pants, no shoes. I am wearing my Birken-socks made from recycled plastic bottles, though.
19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? ice.
20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? my five year old’s nonstop mouth
21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? cerulean.
22. FAVORITE SMELLS? lavender, my kids even when they’re smelly, my husband even when he’s smelly, the Old Spice smell of my daddy, Hawaii.
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Melissa
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? formula One, golf, basketball, football…not a big fan of watching baseball but it will do in a pinch
25. HAIR COLOR? reddish
26. EYE COLOR? blue-ish
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? yes.
28. FAVORITE FOOD? anything Middle Eastern or Mediterranean.
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? I like suspense movies but not horror movies. A happy ending every now and then is okay.
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? American Hardcore, but that’s a documentary.
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? kahki
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? I have trouble with summer and winter.
33. HUGS OR KISSES? depends who its to/from
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? a blondie with ice cream and caramel sauce
35. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? About to start A Tree Grows in Brooklyn for book club.
36. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? UpS
37. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? two episodes of Chuck and an episode of Law & order.
38. FAVORITE SOUNDS? my dog snoring, my kids sleeping, absolute silence, the ocean.
39. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles
40. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Hawaii and Italy
41. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? apparently reading things aloud is a special talent because someone mentioned it at church last weekend and now I am roped into reading at early service on Sunday LOL
42. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska.
I truly enjoy colder weather. My joints do not. Not only are my feet perpetually cold–despite wearing two hefty pairs of socks–but my joints hurt like heck. I would venture so far even to say that they hurt like hell, but I would really hate to offend anyone by using that word. Ha.
Moving furniture around the living room all night last night didn’t help, that’s for sure. We were trying out a new layout for the living/family room that we ended up liking a lot. Which is surprising because usually my husband’s ideas about this kind of stuff do not appeal to me. He complains that I want to overpersonalize the house. Well, we live here, don’t we? Why wouldn’t we want it personalized? Then he pulls out the Asian-Jewish-italian-Any Mother Guilt Trip, “what if I died and you had to sell the house right away?” Argh.
We ended up moving our gargantuan twenty year old sectional to create a cave of sorts, where the area to watch telly is very defined and not as likely to end up cluttered with kids’ crap. This in turn created another hallway-like area that improves the flow in the room by….well, it improves it.
Sometimes I curse HGTV and DIY.
The L.A. Times blogs has this story.
Also, read John Derbyshire’s response to a reader’s urging support of Fred Thompson on National Review Online.
Alabamians, we have OPEN primaries in this state. That means you don’t have to be registered as a Republican or a Democrat to vote for that candidate during a primary election.
If only all Americans valued liberty above false security.
My dad had a heart attack. We don’t know when because he’d had chest pains for nearly a week before admitting it to anyone.
Saturday night he went to the ER with my mom and their friends (who talked him into going to the doctor).
Sunday they moved him to another hospital by ambulance to have a heart catheter put in.
Monday afternoon they performed a triple bypass on his heart. He is recovering in the Cardiovascular ICU now. We anticipate a complete recovery.
My daddy’s only 53. He is athletic and eats lots of vegetables and whole grains. And cheese and meat, but still…seeing him so vulnerable, with tubes everywhere, was unsettling.
He seems to have some good, astute nurses. My mother, the one we were truly worried about, was doing so much better when we saw him after the surgery.
I now need to lose 100 lbs and become a nurse.
If you don’t have an advance directive or living will, you need to get one. I did one before my first child was born. It’s important that your family knows your wishes, but that means nothing unless you’ve taken care of things with a living will or advance directive.
Please pray for my dad. He’s only 53. My mother drove him to the hospital late last night with chest pains. I really have no idea what’s going on yet. I haven’t told my kids yet.